It’s the last day of January as well as being Nurturing Thursday which was instituted by Becca of On Dragonfly Wings with Buttercup Tea.
I’m always happy to kiss January good-bye – one solid month of winter down and out! Now comes February which I often struggle to get through. It’s a month of grey skies, bitter cold weather and, a time, when depression seems to shadow me. I did better last year, getting through this month, and I plan to do even better this year. How? By nurturing me!
I know that in order to do this, I need to do things that matter to me. So, here is a list of things I’m going to do this month to help keep my spirits from plummeting into the cold barren soil of winter:
- Post on the blog, either this one or my CCWOW one every day because the connections I have here in the Blogosphere mean a lot, a lot, lot, lot to me.
- Create a visual – a drawing, a painting, a collage or SOMETHING of a vision I had last week during a distance healing session.
- Phone a friend once a week (the phone and I, while not bitter enemies, are not close personal friends either) so I can hear the voice of someone I love and who loves me.
- Finish the first draft of MaryLynn’s story – the novel I’m working on. More about that tomorrow.
- Take an Epsom salts and lavender bath at least once.
- Visit the hairdresser so we can figure out how to let my hair grow long with layers so that it doesn’t lie on my head like dull dry straw once it is long
- Bake some gluten-free bread. We are avoiding gluten and yet I miss bread occasionally so I want to find something I can bake that will taste good and not be bad for us to eat.
- Stay current – notice I didn’t say catch up – with reading posts from my bloggeroos! That’s mostly you guys!
- Listen to a set of 21 days of meditation that I bought last year.
Okay if this list gets any longer it’s going to end up being something that drags me down rather than helps to lift me up.
Bring it on February!